Indian Africa Field Training Exercise Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX) will be held at Aundh Military Station and College of Military Engineering, Pune from 18 March to 27 March 2019.
The modalities for the IAFTEX were discussed in the conference held between 23-24 January 2019. The conference saw attendance from delegates of Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique, Uganda, Niger and Zambia.
Features of the IAFTX
The important features of the IAFTX are:
- IAFTX joint exercise is being conducted between India and a dozen African Countries.
- The joint exercise aims at synergising humanitarian mine action and joint peace operations.
- The joint exercise is a step forward towards growing political and military ties with the member nations of the African continent and will boost the already strong strategic cooperation between the countries.
- The joint exercise will see participation from Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Senegal, Sudan, Tanzania, Zambia, Namibia, Mozambique and Uganda.
- The exercise is being conducted with an aim to synergise United Nations peacekeeping operations.
- The exercise will aid in forging better military ties and extending India’s outreach in Africa.
Also, it is expected that Army Chief General Bipin Rawat along with senior officers from participating nations would attend the validation ceremony once the exercise is concluded.