Indian Air Force Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Indian Air Force (IAF) launched the multiplayer version of its interactive mobile game named ‘Indian Air Force – A Cut Above’. The game lets users experience the thrill of flying a combat aircraft. The single-player version of the game was first launched by then Chief of Air Staff (COAS), B S Dhanoa, on 31 May 2019.
About ‘Indian Air Force – A Cut Above’
The game is a combat simulator that lets the players choose from an array of IAF’s fighter aircraft, such as Tejas, Rafale Mirage-2000, Su-30 among others. The game allows Indian Air Force aspirants to experience first hand the roles of an air warrior, and means to apply and appear for recruitment from the comfort of a mobile phone. It is available for Android and iOS.
The newly released multiplayer version has two modes- Team Battles, where players team up, and Death Match, a free for all where the last man standing is winner.
Tags: Defence • Indian Air Force • Indian Air Force: A cut above • mobile game
India and US are to jointly conduct Tiger TRIUMP, the first ever tri-services amphibious exercise. It is to be conducted in Visakhapatnam and Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh. It includes field training and events that simulate humanitarian assistance in disaster times. The event will also hold simulations in moving disaster relief forces from ship to shore.
- More than 1200 Indian sailors, airmen and soldiers are to participate in the exercise
- From the US side, around 500 marines, airmen and sailors will participate.
- It is a nine-day exercise and begins on November 13, 2019.
- The soldiers from both the sides will become familiar with each others’ support capabilities during the exercise
- The US will conduct casualty evacuation simulations from shore to ship
- Indian Air Force will perform cross deck-landings
- The forces will demonstrate advance inter operability, naval integration and will exchange best practices
- The forces will also embark each others’ vessels participating in the exercise. This will help the forces to become familiar with the counterpart’s tactics, procedures and techniques.
- The exercise will help both the countries to exchange knowledge and to establish professional and personal relationship
- The exercise acts as a platform for the countries to become familiar with their counterpart’s aviation capability
- It boosts the capability of the Indian and US troops in humanitarian assistance, disaster relief and counter terrorism.