Indian Bank Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
State-owned financial services lender Indian Bank has launched IndPay mobile app service to enables its customers to operate bank accounts anytime from anywhere.
It was formally unveiled by the Indian Bank MD and CEO M K Jain
Key features of IndPay app
- Aims at helping bank’s customers to access their bank accounts from any corner of the country.
- It can be operated through smartphones compatible with Android, iOS and Windows mobile operating systems.
- It will help customers to do transactions like enquiries, transferring funds to any account and getting mini statements.
About Indian Bank
- Indian Bank is one of the oldest bank in India. It was established in 1907 as a private bank.
- It is headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- It was nationalised in 1969 by the Government of India along with other 13 private banks under Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Ordinance, 1969.
The Govt. has appointment Arundhati Bhattacharya has been appointed as the new managing director of the State Bank of India (SBI). Previously, Bhattacharya was the managing director of SBI Capital, the merchant banking arm of the bank.
Who is SBI’s first woman MD (Managing Director)?
Ms Arundhati Bhattacharya will be State Bank of India’s first woman managing director.
Who was the first Woman MD (Managing Director) of a Public Sector bank in India?
The first woman MD of a Public sector bank in India was Ms Ranjana Kumar. The Government of India appointed Ms Ranjana Kumar as the Chairperson and managing Director of the Indian Bank, she became the first woman to become head of a public sector bank in India.
Some other ladies who are at present heading banks in India:
Public Sector Banks:
- United Bank of India: Ms. Archana Bhargav (Chairman & MD)
- Allahabad Bank: Ms Shubhalakshmi Panse (Chairman & MD)
Private Sector Banks:
- ICICI Bank: Ms.Chanda Kochhar (MD & CEO)
- Axis Bank: Ms Shikha Sharma (MD & CEO)