Indian Military Exercises Current Affairs - 2020
India will conduct its first ever military exercise with Uzbekistan in a 10-day session on counter terrorism tactics. The exercise will be held at Chirchiq Training Area, Uzbekistan between November 4 and November 13, 2019. The Defence Minister Shri Raj Nath Singh during his 3 day visit met the Indian contingent participating in the joint exercise.
Highlights of the Exercise
- The aim of the exercise is to focus on counter-insurgency and counter terrorism operation in mountainous, rural and urban regions.
- From India a 45-member contingent have been trained for firing heli-borne operations, mountain craft, combat conditioning, tactical operations and house-intervention drills under UN mandate. This contingent is participating in the exercise
- As a part of the exercise, the Indian army will conduct training cordon and search operation, mobile vehicle check posts and room intervention.
- The Uzbekistan army will conduct training on tactical drills and survival skills in deserts and mountains.
- On the concluding day, both the countries will depict near-actual operations situations for a period of 24-hour.
The exercise will build inter-operability skills and confidence between the two armies and enable sharing of best practices between the two. As Uzbekistan is a key country in central Asia, India has been trying to reach out to Uzbekistan by means of various new areas of cooperation.
Tags: Central Asia • Dustlik 2019 • India Uzbekistan military exercise • India-Central Asia • India-Uzbekistan
The joint military exercise of India and French troops is to be held between 31st October 2019 and 13th November 2019. It is a biennial exercise conducted alternately in India and France. The exercise is to be conducted at the Foreign Training Node at Mahajan Field Firing Range, Rajasthan.
A contingent of Sikh regiment of South Western command will represent Indian army in the exercise.
- The exercise will focus on Counter Terrorism operations in a semi-desert terrain under United Nations Mandate
- It will focus on sharing of drill at tactical level, high degree of physical fitness, and learning of best practices from each other.
- It aims at enhancing cooperation, understanding and inter operability between the two armies
- The exercise will also culminate a 36 hours ling validation which involves neutralization of terrorists in village hide out