Indian Premier League Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Mumbai Indians won Indian Premier League title by defeating Chennai Super Kings (CSK) in final at Hyderabad by 1 run.
Mumbai Indians defeated Chennai Super Kings by only one run and won IPL 2019 title. This was Mumbai Indians 4th Indian Premier League (IPL) trophy and became first team to do so.
IPL Awards 2019
- David Warner of Sunrisers Hyderabad won Orange Cap for most runs. He scored 692 runs.
- Imran Tahir of Chennai Super Kings (CSK) won Purple Cap for taking most wickets. He was the highest wicket-taker in tournament with 26 wickets. Tahir also became the oldest player to feature in an IPL final and is only 2nd spinner after Pragyan Ojha to win Purple Cap.
- Andre Russell of Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) was named Most Valuable Player. He scored 510 runs, took 11 wickets and hit the most sixes in 2019 season. He also won the title of Super Striker of the Season for a strike rate of 204.81
- Shubman Gill of KKR was named Emerging Player of the IPL Tournament.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad bagged the Fairplay award of IPL 2019.
- Hardik Pandya of Mumbai Indians (MI) won Fastest Fifty of Season.
- Kieron Pollard of MI won Perfect Catch of the Season.
- Rahul Chahar of MI was named Game Changer of the Season.
- KL Rahul of Kings XI Punjab was named Stylish Player of the Season.
- All the award winners were handed over a cheque of Rs 10 lakh each.
About Indian Premier League (IPL)
- It was founded by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2008.
- It is a professional Twenty20 (i.e. T20 format) cricket league which is played every year in India during month of March or April and May. In total it has 48 match days and about 60 matches.
- It is contested by eight teams representing eight different cities in India. The participant players are from other countries as well.
- This 2019 season was 12th edition of the IPL.
Tags: Andre Russell • Board of Control for Cricket in India • David Warner • Emerging Player of the IPL Tournament • Fairplay award • Game Changer • Hardik Pandya • Imran Tahir • Indian Premier League • IPL 2019 • IPL Awards 2019 • Orange Cap • Perfect Catch • Purple Cap • Rahul Chahar • Sunrisers Hyderabad • Super Striker of the Season • T-20 Cricket • T20
The mega celebration of Cricket, Indian Premier League (IPL) witnessed its first ever Mankading in its history in the match of Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan Royals. Rajasthan Royals opener Jos Buttler became the first victim of ‘Mankading’ in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Kings XI Punjab skipper Ravichandran Ashwin dismissed the Rajasthan Royals opener Jos Buttler through mankading.
What is Mankading?
Mankading is a kind of dismissal witnessed in the game of cricket. Mankading is the situation where a bowler run out a non-striker by hitting the bails before bowling when the non-striker is outside the crease, with no warning.
Even though it is a legal way of dismissing the batsmen, it is considered as unethical and against the spirit of the game.
Why does the name Mankading?
The name Mankading is derived due to the fact that for the first time Indian bowler Vinoo Mankad had dismissed Bill Brown of Australia, by removing the bails when the latter was away from the crease during India’s tour of Australia in 1947. Hence the dismissal is named after the Indian Cricketer Vinoo Mankad.