Indian Railways Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Sanjay Gupta has been appointed as chairman and managing director (CMD) of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL).
He is ex-Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineering (IRSME) officer. With this appointment he becomes youngest ever officer to be appointed as CMD of KRCL.
Prior to his elevation, he was working as director (operating and commercial) of Konkan Railway from 2013. Besides he was also looking after the post of CMD after superanuation of the previous incumbent B P Tayal in November 2015.
About Sanjay Gupta
- Sanjay Gupta has a rich experience of more than 30 years as a mechanical officer of Indian Railways.
- He has worked on several prestigious and coveted posts as well as on various assignments over the Railways.
- Prior to his posting as director (operations and commercial) of Konkan Railway, he has also worked as chief mechanical engineer on Konkan Railway.
- He has pivotal role in bringing tremendous improvements in all spheres of working on Konkan Railway.
About Konkan Railway Corporation (KRC)
- KRC is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways (IR). It is headquartered at CBD Belapur in Navi Mumbai.
- It operates the Konkan Railways (741km line connecting western Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka), a subsidiary zone of the Indian Railways.
- The company started its full operations of trains in January 1998 and the first passenger train on Konkan railway ran in March 1993 between Udupi and Mangalore.
The Union Railway Ministry has launched Nivaran portal, an online system for redressal of service related grievance of serving and former Railway employees.
It was launched by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu at function held in Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Nivaran portal is an online system that seeks to facilitate the employees to lodge their grievances and also monitor the progress.
- The system will also provide employees of Indian Railways facility for lodging appeal to the higher authority in case the decision is not found satisfactory.
- Highest controlling authorities will also be able to monitor the progress of grievance redressal by field offices through this system.
- It has been developed by CRIS (Centre for Railway information systems), an IT arm of Indian Railways on basis of process designed by Establishment directorate of Railway Board.
This online system for redressal of service related grievance will help to achieve Union Railway Ministry’s emphasis on the importance of its manpower. Indian Railways is the single biggest civilian employer in the country and has workforce of over 1.3 million people.