Indian Railways Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Railway Ministry has launched ‘utsonmobile’, a mobile application for paperless unreserved tickets.
The application service was launched by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi.
This application will allow its passenger to buy a ticket on the move and to board the train with the ticket secured on his mobile phone in digital format, without any need for printing the ticket.
Initially, it has been launched as a pilot project and cover 15 stations in Southern Railway. Later on it will be extended to entire country in phases.
- The application has been developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
- It aims to eliminate the need for printing of unreserved tickets.
- The application provides necessary on-screen alerts to guide the passenger during the booking process.
- Payment for the ticket will be done through the Railway Wallet, a feature inbuilt in the App.
- Passenger will get ticket confirmation on their mobile screen after booking the ticket which will contain limited information of the ticket.
- This app can be downloaded from Windows Store and Google Play Store.
- This paperless ticketing service using mobile applications comes in line with announcement made by Union Government in the Union Railway Budget of February 2015.
- In this budget, Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu had announced that the Indian Railways is committed to Operation Five Minutes that is, purchase of an unreserved ticket within five minutes and launching of paperless unreserved mobile ticket is the first step in this area.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Indian Railways • Ministry of Railways
Indian Railways on 21 April 2015 launched E-Samiksha, an online monitoring mechanism.
E-Samiksha aims at monitoring implementation of various ongoing projects of Indian Railways on real-time basis including Rail Budget proposals.
It was launched by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi.
Facts about E-Samiksha
- E-Samiksha is designed by National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- It has been developed to make it a highly interactive web-based, user-friendly and customised system.
- E-Samiksha will be used to monitor budget-related projects and also for monitoring the infrastructure target and board meeting follow-up.
- Currently, it is being used by Cabinet Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office and other Ministries for monitoring progress implementation of various programmes and follow-up of meetings.