Indian Science Congress Current Affairs - 2020
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 105th session of Indian Science Congress (ISC) at Manipur Central University in Imphal. The focal theme of 5-day ISC is “Reaching the Unreached Through Science & Technology”.
The ISC 2018 was organised by the Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), a premier scientific organisation of India. This is 2nd time the Science Congress is being held in the north east. Earlier it was held at Shillong (Meghalaya) in 2009. Approximately, 5,000 delegates from all over country and 2,000 scientists along with four Nobel Laureates are participating in this year mega event. Under the mentioned theme, scientists from across world will look at bridging social gaps through innovations. Its thrust will be on science disciplines which impact society and sustainable development.
ISCA was started in the year 1914 at its headquarters in Kolkata. It organises Indian Science Congress annually in the first week of January. The first meeting of the ISCC was held in January 1914 in the Asiatic Society, Kolkata. he 104th edition of ISC was held in Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh) with the theme “Science and Technology for National Development”.
Tags: Indian Science Congress • Indian Science Congress Association • Manipur Central University • Narendra Modi • North East
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 103rd edition of the Indian Science Congress (ISC) on January 3, 2016 in Mysuru, Karnataka.
The theme of this edition of the Congress is “Science and Technology for Indigenous Development in India.”
During the inaugural speech Prime Minister gave a new mantra comprising five Es – “Economy, Environment, Energy, Empathy and Equity”.
- The Congress aims to bring together eminent scientists, research scholars to popularize science and foster a scientific temperament.
- The 5 day event (ending on 7 January) will witness deliberations and presentation of papers by the scientific fraternity from across the globe.
- Over 100 eminent scientists from different universities and research institutions are going to deliver plenary talks at the congress on subjects like Space Science, Nano Science, Technology & Applications, Evolution: The Frontiers, Atomic Energy, Safe water, Diabetes, and sanitation, Public-Private partnership for the Swachh Bharat Mission and Diseases and drug development.
- The key speakers of this edition of congress will be Noble laureates Arthur B McDonald (US), Dan Schetman (Israel), John Gurdan (UK), Serge Haroche (France), David J Gross (US) and Fields Medalist mathematician Manjul Bhargava.
- The 5th Women’s Science Congress was inaugurated on January 4, 2015. While the Children Science Congress was inaugurated by Nobel Laureate John B Gurdon.