India’s missile Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India successfully test-fired its nuclear capable Prithvi-II surface-to-surface missile from a test range at Chandipur in Odisha.
Test- It was conducted by the Strategic Force Command (SFC) and monitored by the scientists of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Missile was fired from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) as part of a user trial by the army and met all mission objectives.
About Prithvi-II missile
Prithvi-II missile is the first missile indigenously developed by DRDO under India’s prestigious Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP). It was inducted into India’s SFC in 2003.
- Surface to surface ballistic missile.
- Variants: Prithvi-I for the Army; Prithvi-II for the Indian Air Force; and the Dhanush for the Navy.
- Single-stage, Liquid-propelled.
- Advanced inertial navigation, control and guidance system. It uses advanced inertial guidance system with manoeuvering trajectory.
- Payload capacity: 500-1,000 kg.
- Range: 350 km.