Indra Nooyi Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Hindustan Times Group chairperson Shobhana Bharatia and PepsiCo Chairman Indra Nooyi have been awarded 2015 Global Leadership Award of the US-India Business Council (USIBC).
They were honoured with this award for their roles as top women leaders in the Business world and their commitment to driving a more inclusive global economy.
Apart from them, renowned Indian-American artist Natvar Bhavsar was awarded the Artistic Achievement Award. He is well-known for his abstract expressionism and colour-field painting.
All of them were presented the awards during the annual gala of the USIBC. US Vice President Joe Biden, US Secretary of State John Kerry were among the dignitaris who had addressed USIBC gala on the occasion.
It should be noted that USIBC is the top advocacy group for India and American companies in the US. It aims to deepen trade and strengthen commercial ties between both countries.
Indra Nooyi, CEO of food and beverage giant PepsiCo is the sole Indian-origin executive in 2015 edition of Fortune’s list of 50 Most Powerful Women in Business.
India-born Nooyi was placed at second position in this year’s list and has moved up by single position from her previous third position in year 2015.
This edition of the list was topped by General Motors CEO Mary Barra. She heads United States largest auto-maker and it is her second year as head.
The list also includes
- Third position: Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM.
- Fourth position: Marillyn Hewson, CEO, Chairman and President of Lockheed Martin.
- Fifth position: Ellen Kullman, CEO and Chairman of DuPont.
- Sixth position: Abigail Johnson, CEO and President of Fidelity Investments.
- Seventh position: Meg Whitman, CEO, Chairman and President of Hewlett-Packard (HP).
- Eight position: Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook.
- Ninth position: Irene Rosenfeld, CEO and Chairman of Mondelez International.
- Tenth position: Phebe Novakovic, CEO and Chairman of General Dynamics.