Information Technology Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Government has launched Transforming India Website (www.transformingindia.mygov.in), a repository for sharing the impact of various governance initiatives with citizens in real-time.
It was launched by the Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology and Law & Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad in New Delhi.
- The website provides community based platform facilitates for two-way communication between the government and citizens.
- It is also a social platform on which users can share their opinions about various initiatives of the government.
- The key facet of the website is to promote accountability in major national initiatives, act as a repository of major policies and decisions of Union Government.
- It also seeks to provide a central platform to citizens for sharing of transformational changes that they see around themselves.
- This website will provide information in a user-friendly format that will enable citizens to view the content in the form of Infographics, e-books, performance dashboard.
- It will also present information in videos, daily news corner etc. format and engage with the content by comments and sharing the content through Social Media.
Debjani Ghosh took charge as new president of MAIT (the Manufacturers’ Association for Information Technology), the apex body of India’s Information technology hardware industry.
Ghosh is the first woman President of MAIT since its inception 32 years ago. She is vice-president sales and marketing group and managing director of Intel Corporation, South Asia and will succeed Amar Babu the chief operation officer at Lenovo for Asia Pacific and chairman of Lenovo India.
She is working with Intel for more than 19 years and has played a key role in setting up Intel’s education programme for the Asia Pacific region. She was among the 25 Most Powerful Women by Fortune India in 2013.
Gosh also chairs the IT Committee at the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
MAIT was set up in 1982, is the top most IT hardware body in India which is associated with Hardware design, training and research and development of IT hardware sector. It is dedicated to develop competitiveness in Indian IT industries to present itself in global market. It promotes and strengthens the practice and the role of information Technology for economic development of the country.