Infrastructure Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Government has unveiled a Model Building Bye-Laws, 2016 for granting permission for construction of buildings.
It was released by the Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi. It seeks to provide an online single window framework for approval process.
- Model Building Bye-Laws, 2016 intends to improve ease of doing business regarding issuance of construction permits.
- The time limit for all kinds of single window approvals is 30 days and if it is not done by the concerned agencies within this time-frame then it will be deemed as approved.
- Different set of environmental conditions are provided for each category of building ranging from 5000 square meters to 1.5 lakh square meters.
- Urban local bodies (ULBs) will have the power the monitor the environmental concerns in their region.
- The provision of rain water harvesting for various types of buildings has been mandatory.
The last time the Model Building Bye-Laws were issued in 2004. Since then the situation has changed drastically compelling the Centre to come up with new Bye-Laws.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Infrastructure • Ministry of Urban Development • National
India has signed the second line of credit (LOC) agreement extending 2 billion dollars in development financing to Bangladesh for undertaking various development projects.
This credit line will be provided through Export Import Bank of India (Exim Bank), India’s external lending arm. It is Exim Bank’s biggest ever LOC facility given to another country.
The development financing will be used in the infrastructural projects like power sector, road transportation, railways, shipping, information and communication technology (ICT) and social sector projects like health and technical education.
The financing deal comes after Prime Minister Narendra Modi in June 2015 had announced new credit line to Bangladesh during his official visit to Dhaka. It follows India’s earlier 1 billion dollar in assistance provided to Bangladesh in 2011 for infrastructure development.