INS India, the base depot ship of Indian Navy at New Delhi celebrated its 75th anniversary (Platinum Jubilee) on 13 July 2016.
As a run up to celebrate this grand occasion, a series of events were organised. A Health Run and a Dream Walk was organised. A blood donation camp was also organised.
About INS India
- INS India was established as HMIS India in 1941 as small unit with a complement of just a handful of officers and sailors. It was rechristened as INS India on 26 Jan 1950.
- The base depot ship has the privilege of being the Flagship of the Chief of the Naval Staff.
- It is now a major establishment in New Delhi with a plethora of duties and responsibilities.
- It provides administrative and logistics cover to all officers and sailors borne in Naval Headquarters and other units at Delhi.
- During 75 years of transition of INS India, the establishment has seen as many as 32 Commanding Officers.