INS Shivaji Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
On February 13, 2020, President Ram Nath Kovind presented the President’s Colours Awards to INS Shivaji. The Indian Naval Station Shivaji has completed 75 years of service. Last year, the award was given to Indian Naval Academy.
The award was presented to the Indian Naval Station at Lonavala. The station was commissioned as HMIS (Her Majesty’s Indian Ship) in 1945. The motto of the ship establishment is
Motto: Karmasu Kaushalam (Skill at Work)
The Station has rendered 75 years of service to the country by providing training to the personnel from Coast Guard, Indian Navy and also for Naval personnel from other countries. The Courses at INS Shivaji are conducted by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
About INS Shivaji
The INS Shivaji houses Naval Engineering College that trains officers of Indian Navy and Indian Coastal Guards. It is located near Bhushi Dam. There are three premier institutions at INS Shivaji. It includes Centre of Excellence, Centre of Marine Engineering and Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Defence School.
Tags: AICTE • Indian Coast Guard • Indian Naval Academy • Indian Navy • INS Shivaji
Indian Navy’s Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Training Facility (NBCTF) at INS Shivaji was inaugurated by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba.
- NBCTF Abhedya will help train personnel of naval ships fitted with nuclear, biological and chemical (NBC) detection and protection systems.
- NBCTF Abhedya will provide realistic training to naval personnel in detection, protection against and decontamination of nuclear, biological and chemical agents.
- Abhedya will enhance the training capability of the Navy to deal with dangerous situations on warships, including an attack.
- Abhedya is the maiden NBC simulator of the Indian Navy.
- The facility will help to train personnel in tackling nuclear, biological or chemical attack.
Abhedya means impenetrable in Sanskrit. It symbolizes the protective cover that is provided on Naval ships, which are fitted with nuclear, biological and chemical detection and protection systems.
INS Shivaji is the Indian Navy’s premier technical training facility. INS Shivaji is celebrating 2019-20 as the ‘Platinum Jubilee Year’. The Institute, which was commissioned as HMIS Shivaji in 1945, trains personnel of the Indian Navy, Indian Coast Guard and several friendly foreign countries.
To commemorate the platinum jubilee of INS Shivaji, the Chief of Naval Staff also launched INS Shivaji website on the Indian Navy’s Portal and released the platinum jubilee logo with the theme ‘Propelling the Indian Navy since 1945’.
Tags: Abhedya • biological • chemical • Chief of Naval Staff • INS Shivaji