Institute of National Importance Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Rajya Sabha has passed National Institute of Design (Amendment) Bill, 2019. Now it has to be passed by Lok Sabha. The Bill seeks to amend National Institute of Design Act, 2014, which declares National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad as an institution of national importance.
National Institute of Design (Amendment) Bill, 2019
It seeks to declare four National Institutes of Design (NID) in Andhra Pradesh (Amaravati), Assam (Jorhat), Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal) and Haryana (Kurukshetra) as institutions of national importance.
Currently, these institutes are registered as Societies under Societies Registration Act, 1860 and do not have power to grant degrees or diplomas. Once these four institutions are declared of national importance, they will be granted the power to grant degrees and diplomas.
Significance of National Importance Tag
It will help to produce highly skilled manpower in design sector which in turn, will create job opportunities, both direct and indirect. It will also provide sustainable design interventions for handloom, crafts, rural technology, small, medium (SMEs) and large scale enterprises (LSEs); and outreach programmes for capacity, capability and institution building.
Tags: Bills and Amendement • Institute of National Importance • National Institute of Design (Amendment) Bill 2019 • National Institute of Design (NID) • Rajya Sabha
The 22nd AIIMS would come up in Haryana. The announcement was made regarding this at the Interim Budget 2019. The AIIMS would be established at Manethi village in Haryana’s Rewari district.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is the autonomous institutions set up under the act of parliament. The All India Institute Of Medical Sciences Act, 1956 provides for the establishment of AIIMS as Institute of National Importance.
Objectives of AIIMS
- To develop a pattern of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education to all medical colleges and other allied institutions in India.
- To bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of the personnel in all important branches of the health activity.
- To attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education.
Functions of AIIMS
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in medical and related physical biological sciences.
- Nursing and Dental education.
- Innovations in education.
- Producing medical teachers for the country.
- Research in medical and related sciences.
- Health care : preventive, promotive and curative; primary, secondary & tertiary.
- Community based teaching and research
AIIMS Institutions aims to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Post-graduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India and to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and to attain self-sufficiency in Post-graduate Medical Education.