Intel Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
NITI Aayog, Intel, and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) are collaborating to set up Model International Center for Transformative Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI) in Bengaluru, capital of Karnataka. This collaboration is part of NITI Aayog’s ‘National Strategy for Artificial Intelligence’ Discussion Paper that focuses on establishing ICTAI in the country through private sector collaboration. The model centre is aimed at solving major challenges in India with special focus on application-based AI research in healthcare, agriculture and smart mobility.
- It will aid in Developing and deploying AI-led application-based research projects.
- It will conduct advanced research to incubate AI-led solutions in three important areas – healthcare, agriculture and smart mobility – by bringing together expertise of TIFR and Intel.
- It will experiment, discover and establish best practices in domains of ICTAI governance, fundamental research, physical infrastructure, compute and service infrastructure needs, and talent acquisition.
Through this collaborative effort, model ICTAI will develop AI foundational frameworks, tools and assets, including curated datasets and unique AI algorithms. It will also develop standards and support policy development related to IT such as data-storage, information security, privacy, and ethics for data capture and use. It will also develop AI foundational technologies to promote applied research that can scale for national impact and will lead to the creation of a vibrant and self-sustaining ecosystem.
ICTAI will also collaborate with industry leaders, startups, and AI services and product companies to productize technologies and IP that are developed by it. It will also support skilling and talent development for world-class AI talent. The learning and best practices developed through this model ICTAI will be used by NITI Aayog to set up future ICTAIs across country.
Chinese smartphone manufacturer ZTE unveiled its new Gigabit Phone, a next generation 5G IT baseband unit (BBU) with Intel Corporation at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain.
It is world’s first software defined networking/network function virtualisation (SDN/NFV) technology based 5G RAN solution.
Features of Gigabit Phone
- Gigabit Phone boasts download speeds of up to 1Gbps. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 mobile platform with an integrated Snapdragon X16 LTE modem.
- It utilises a combination of carrier aggregation, 4×4 MIMO antenna technology, and 256-QAM modulation to achieve LTE download speeds that are up to 10 times faster than first-generation LTE devices .
- It also uses ZTE’s independently developed Pre5G Giga+ MBB solution and smart devices, which makes it three times as powerful at improving data processing capability over the current network.
ZTE is a provider of advanced telecommunications systems, mobile devices, and enterprise technology solutions to consumers, companies, carriers and public sector customers. Its products and services are sold to over 500 operators in more than 160 countries.