Intelligence Bureau (IB) Current Affairs - 2020
The October 2019, iteration of the Army Commander Conference was conducted between October 14 and October 18, 2019. Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh addressed the conference. All important issues such as operational readiness of the field formation, issues related to higher defence management, aspects of organizational restructuring and reforms were debated in the conference
About the conference
The Army Commanders conferred in New Delhi to procure slow moving UAVs. These vehicles are known as loiter munition drones to counter threat from across the border. A loiter munition drone is designed to engage beyond line-of-sight ground targets. They are mainly helpful in providing the infantry the capability to strike when they move carrying out surveillance.
Highlights of the conference
- The major decision of the army commanders conference was procurement of slow-moving UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle). These UAVs are highly helpful in countering threats across border. The decision of the conference came after the IB (Intelligence Bureau) submitted a detailed report on Pakistan drones.
- It was also decided to frame artificial intelligence-based solutions to carry out surveillance at high altitude border areas.
- At the conference more than 40 companies showcased their defense equipment
Tags: Army Commanders Conference • Artificial Intelligence (AI) • Indian Army • Intelligence Bureau • Intelligence Bureau (IB)
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Divya Prakash Sinha as secretary (security) in the cabinet secretariat.
Since November 2013, this post was lying vacant after Yashovardhan Azad who was holding the post then, was appointed information commissioner.
Divya Prakash Sinha
- He is IPS officer, belonging to 1979 batch of the Manipur-Tripura cadre.
- Before this appointment he was special director with Intelligence Bureau (IB).
- He is associated with IB for several years handling operations in key regions such as the northeast and even Delhi.
- He known to be instrumental in neutralization of banned terrorist outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM) and various extremists groups in North east India.