International Chambers of Commerce Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The chief executive of Bharti Group, Sunil Bharti Mittal has been elected chairman of the International Chambers of Commerce (ICC).
He succeeds Terry McGraw, Chairman Emeritus of S&P Global, who became ICC’s Honorary Chairman. Sunil Mittal is the third Indian business leader to hold this position in ICC’s near 100 years history.
About Sunil Bharti Mittal
- Sunil Mittal is Indian telecom tycoon, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
- He is the founder, chairman and Group CEO of Bharti Enterprises, which has interests in telecom, financial services, retail and agri business.
- The Group’s flagship company Bharti Airtel is India’s largest telecom company and world’s third largest mobile operator. It has its presence in 20 countries across Asia and Africa and has customer base of over 275 million.
- Presently, he serves on many international bodies and think-tanks and currently is the Chair of the World Economic Forums (WEF) Telecommunications Steering Committee. He is also a member of the India-UK, India-US and India-Japan CEO Forums.
- He is listed as the eight richest person in India by Forbes with a Net worth of 7 billion dollars. In 2007, he was awarded the Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian honour.
About International Chambers of Commerce (ICC)
- ICC is the world’s largest business organisation that was founded in 1919.
- Headquarters: Paris, France.
- Motto: The World Business Organization.
- It represents the private-sector’s views to national governments and intergovernmental bodies around the world.
- ICC has three main activities: rule setting, policy advocacy and dispute resolution.
- It was the first international organization to be granted general consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.