International Cricket Council (ICC) Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The International Cricket Council (ICC) launched the criiio campaign on the eve of Men’s World Cup. The initiative will bring together around 460 million people playing cricket globally and to celebrate magnificent diversity of cricket.
- It is a celebration of all brilliant and unique ways people play cricket game which can be played by anyone, anywhere and at any time. Around the world millions of fans are play cricket way they like to such as on their backyard, on beach, in a car park or gully.
- The ICC has asked cricket fans globally to join the social cricket tribe by sharing their pictures and videos about where and how they play cricket by using the newly launched hashtag #criiio and visiting the site- criiio.com.
- This is the first of a series of programs that will be launched by the ICC over the next 12 months and is built on the success of recent user-generated social media initiative called #WorldWideWickets.
India’s G.S. Lakshmi ha becomes first woman to be appointed to International Cricket Council’s (ICC) International Panel of Match Referee. She will be eligible to take charge in international games with immediate effect.
- Women Officials on ICC Development Panel of Umpires: now includes eight women, namely Eloise Sheridan, Claire Polosak, Shivani Mishra, Lauren Agenbag, Mary Waldron, Kim Cotton, Jacqueline Williams and Sue Redfern.
- Earlier in May 2019, Claire Polosak became first ever woman umpire to stand in a men’s ODI.
- Kathy Cross was the first woman on development panel of umpires retired in 2018.
About G.S. Lakshmi
Lakshmi, (now aged 51) was first appointed as a match referee in domestic women’s cricket in 2008-09. As a referee she has overseen three women’s ODI matches and three women’s T20I matches.
- It is the global governing body of cricket and was earlier named as ‘Imperial Cricket Conference’.
- It was founded in 1909 by representatives from South Africa, Australia and England
- It is headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Tags: 1st Female ICC Match Referee • Claire Polosak • Dubai • G.S. Lakshmi • ICC • International Cricket Council (ICC) • International Panel of Match Referee • Jacqueline Williams • Kathy Cross • Kim Cotton • Lauren Agenbag • Mary Waldron • ODI matches • Shivani Mishra • United Arab Emirates • Women Officials on ICC Development Panel of Umpires