International Yoga Day Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Uttar Pradesh has decided to establish 40 Yoga wellness centres in 40 districts across the state in the present financial year. Out of 40 centres, 23 will be set up at Ayurvedic hospitals, 12 at homeopathic and 7 at Unani hospitals and colleges. For setting up of wellness centres in the remaining 35 districts, the state government plans to get assistance from union government.
The state government has also planned to start post graduate courses at Government Ayurvedic college and hospital Varanasi, Unani college Allahabad, Government Homeopathy college Allahabad and TT college Lucknow. Besides, a first herbal garden of the state would be set up soon near the Government national Homeopathic college and hospital, Lucknow to encourage the farmers to cultivate herbal plants across the state.
According to the Ministry of AYUSH in response to a Lok Sabha question in 2016, it was revealed that the five southern states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh together account for over 90% of all the registered yoga and naturopathy practitioners in the country. So, the government is working towards ensuring a more geographically balanced promotion of yoga across the country and bring non-south states at par with the southern states. With this aim, the Centre is implementing National AYUSH Mission as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
The International Yoga Day (IYD) is celebrated across the world on 21 June. The idea of celebrating the International Yoga Day was pitched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in September 2014. The date 21st June was selected because it represents one of the two solstices and it is the longest day in the Northern Hemisphere which has special significance in many parts of the world.
In December 2016, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) had formally inscribed Yoga in its representative list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Tags: International Yoga Day • States • TNPSC • Uttar Pradesh [UPPSC] • Yoga
The Union Ministry of AYUSH Ministry has released a Yog Geet (Yoga song) for celebrating the second International Yoga Day on 21 June 2016.
The Yoga song was selected from the 1,000 entries were received through a national-level competition organised by the AYUSH Ministry.
Facts about Yog Geet
- It is the three-minute-15-seconds song in Hindi short-listed based on the better lyrics.
- It has been produce and written by Dheeraj Saraswat. Music Director of the song was Sumanto Ray.
- It has been voiced by Gandhar T. D. Jadhav and Ms. Gatha Jadhav. The song also has backup vocals of Santosh Kshatriya and Sumanto Ray.
- The AYUSH Ministry had organised National level competition for selection of a Yog Geet as part of celebration of 2nd International Yoga Day. About 1,000 entries were received in this competition.
- The Ministry had short-listed 19 songs based on criteria laid down by it for selection of song and considering the relevance of the song on the recommendations of Committee constituted for the selection of the Yog geet.
- Further these short-listed songs were referred to the Committee OF Yoga Experts constituted for the celebration of 2016 International Yoga Day under the chairmanship of Dr. H. R. Nagendra.