The first National Conference of Investigating Agencies was held from August 12 to 13, 2016 at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
The two-day conference was inaugurated by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. The conference was attended by more than 100 delegates from States/UTs/Central Police Organisations.
- The conference was organized by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) in coordination with National Investigation Agency (NIA).
- The purpose of the first of its kind conference was to provide an annual national platform to all the officers of law enforcement agencies engaged in investigation tasks.
- The agenda of the Conference was to: Discuss the latest laws and judgements and their implications for investigation and prosecution.
- Deliberate on new legislation and criminal law amendments for meeting new challenges in investigation.
- Adoption of latest technology in forensic sciences for professional and expeditious investigation.
- Share best practices followed by different investigation agencies which could be implemented by others.