Islamic Military Coalition Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Saudi Arabia has launched Islamic Military Coalition, a new military alliance of 34 nations mainly Muslim nations to fight terrorism.
It has been established in pursuance of the objectives and principles of the charter of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). It calls for all member states to cooperate to combat terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
About Islamic Military Coalition
- The joint operations centre of the coalition will be established in the Saudi capital, Riyadh.
- The coalition includes nations with large and established armies such as Turkey, Pakistan and Egypt as well as war-torn countries such as Libya and Yemen.
- Member nations: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Jordan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Turkey, Benin, Togo, Chad, Djibouti, Tunisia, Sudan, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Gabon, Somalia, Guinea, Comoros, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Cote d’Ivoire, Lebanon, Maldives, Libya, Mali, Malaysia, Egypt, Morocco, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Yemen.
- The establishment of coalition comes amid international pressure on the Gulf Arab states to do more in the fight against so-called Islamic State.
- The new alliance will co-ordinate efforts against extremists in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan.