ISRO Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) has announced Young Scientist Programme to inculcate and nurture space research fervour in young minds. Young Scientist programme is part of Isro’s efforts to reach out to the student community. On the New Year day, Isro had organised Samwad with Students and an announcement was made about the student outreach programme.
About Young Scientist Programme
The modalities of the Young Scientist Programme are:
- It would be a one month programme.
- Mostly 8th standard passed out students will be given lecturers and access to research laboratories.
- 3 students from each of the 29 States and 7 Union Territories will be selected for the Young Scientist program
- The students will be exposed to the practical experience of building small satellites.
Isro also announced about setting up of an incubation centre in Tripura, Trichy, Nagpur, Rourkela, and Indore.
The following initiatives have been taken to promote e-vehicles in the country:
- The government has granted an exemption to Battery Operated Transport Vehicles and Transport Vehicles running on Ethanol and Methanol fuels from the requirement of a permit.
- The Ministry of the Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises has launched FAME (Faster Adoption and Manufacture of (Hybrid and) Electric Vehicles) to incentivize the production and promotion of eco-friendly vehicles including electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles.
- To incentivise the development of charging infrastructure for e-vehicles the Ministry of Power has issued a policy statement on charging infrastructure and has issued a notification clarifying that charging electric vehicles will be a service, not a sale of electricity.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) has agreed to commercialize indigenously developed lithium-ion battery technology and has selected 14 companies for transfer of technology.
- The government think tank, NITI Aayog has taken an initiative to provide a Model Concessionaire Agreement (MCA) document for introducing Electric-Bus Fleet in Cities for Public Transportation on Public-Private Partnership (PPP) mode on Operational Expenditure (per km basis) Model rather than paying the upfront capital cost.
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has made amendment in the Urban and Regional Development Plans Formulation and Implementation (URDPFI) guidelines to provide for electric vehicle charging stations in private and commercial buildings.
The government of India even has a plan of converting the entire new fleet of vehicles to fully electric by 2030.
Tags: Ethanol • FAME • Faster Adoption and Manufacture of (Hybrid and) Electric Vehicles • ISRO • Methanol • Ministry of Power • Niti Aayog • Urban and Regional Development Plans Formulation and Implementation • URDPFI