IT Current Affairs - 2020
The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Vietnam on Cooperation in the field of Information Technology.
The MoU aims to develop sustainable and a long-term cooperation between both countries on the basis of equality and mutual interest in the areas of IT.
- The MoU will be implemented by establishing a Joint Working Group on IT having representatives from both the countries.
- It will remain in force for a period of 5 years and will be renewable by mutual written consent between India and Vietnam.
- Its implementation will result in institutional and capacity-building in the field of IT and Human Resource Development, mutually benefiting IT sector of both countries.
Tags: Cabinet Deicisons • India-Vietnam • IT • National
Sikkim became the first state in India to have an open government data portal linked ‘sikkim.data.gov.in’.
The portal was launched by Lok Sabha MP, P D Rai and also launched Open Government Data Platform (Sikkim).
- The portal has been developed by Government of Sikkim’s Information Technology Department and NIC team from Delhi.
- The open government data portal facilitates free use, reuse and redistribution of data produced or commissioned by the government or government controlled entities by anyone.