Italy Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
76th Venice International Film Festival was, held at Venice Lido in Venice, Italy from 28 August 7 September 2019. The Festival was organised by La Biennale di Venezia and is officially recognised by FIAPF or the International Federation of Film Producers Association.
Venice International Film Festival
The award was founded in 1932.
Objective: To raise awareness and promote international cinema in all its forms as art, entertainment and as an industry, in a spirit of freedom and dialogue.
The Film Festival also organises retrospectives and tributes to major figures as a contribution towards a better understanding of history of cinema.
Venice International Film Festival 2019: It is the 76th edition of the world’s oldest film festival. Venezia 76 Jury is chaired by Lucrecia Martel, film director, Argentina.
List of Winners at 76th Venice Film Festival Awards
- GOLDEN LION for Best Film to: ‘Joker’ directed by Todd Phillips
- SILVER LION- Grand Jury Prize to: ‘An Officer and a Spy’ by Roman Polanski
- SILVER LION- Award For Best Director to: Roy Andersson for ‘About Endlessness’
- VOLPI CUP For Best Actress: Ariane Ascaride in ‘Gloria Mundi’ (a French domestic drama)
- VOLPI CUP For Best Actor: Luca Marinelli in ‘Martin Eden’
- BEST SCREENPLAY Award to: ‘No. 7 Cherry Lane’, written and directed by Yonfan
- SPECIAL JURY PRIZE to: ‘The Mafia Is No Longer What It Used to Be’, directed by Franco Maresco
- MARCELLO MASTROIANNI AWARD FOR YOUNG ACTOR to: ‘Toby Wallace in Babyteeth’, directed by Shannon Murphy
Tags: 76th Venice Film Festival Awards • GOLDEN LION • Italy • Joker • Todd Phillips
India will mark its second appearance world’s oldest Biennale Art event to be held in Venice, Italy. This year 2019 is its 58th session in which, 16 out of 400 Haripura session posters will go up on walls of India pavilion at 58th Venice Biennale.
Many countries such as Pakistan and Ghana will host pavilions for first time.
- India is participating in event after a gap of eight years.
- This will be only second time India will have a pavilion of its own at Venice Biennale.
- India decided to showcase Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi to ensure a memorable show at art event. India’s pavilion will be putting 16 Haripura posters on its walls.
- The task force for Arts of the Confederation of Indian Industry, will be propelled by Kiran Nadar Museum of Arts (KNMA), and seven Indian artists will be shown at India Pavilion
- The Ministry of Culture, Government of India has laid down theme for the Indian Pavilion as ‘150 years of Mahatma Gandhi’.
- In 1938, Mahatma Gandhi commissioned Indian modern artist Nandalal Bose to create 400 posters portraying different aspects of Indian life to be displayed at Indian National Congress’ session in Haripura, Gujarat.
58th Venice Biennale 2019
- Duration: It will take place for 6 months period from 11 May 2019 till 24November 2019.
- Theme for Biennale 2019 is ‘Our Time for a Future Caring’.
- The 58th International Art Exhibitions overarching title is ‘May You Live In Interesting Times’.
The Venice Biennale
- It is one of the biggest art events in the world, inaugurated in 8195 and organized by Biennale Foundation. It is a Biennial event means it is held every two years.
- It focuses on contemporary art, and includes events for art, contemporary dance, architecture, cinema and theatre.