Italy Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India will mark its second appearance world’s oldest Biennale Art event to be held in Venice, Italy. This year 2019 is its 58th session in which, 16 out of 400 Haripura session posters will go up on walls of India pavilion at 58th Venice Biennale.
Many countries such as Pakistan and Ghana will host pavilions for first time.
- India is participating in event after a gap of eight years.
- This will be only second time India will have a pavilion of its own at Venice Biennale.
- India decided to showcase Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi to ensure a memorable show at art event. India’s pavilion will be putting 16 Haripura posters on its walls.
- The task force for Arts of the Confederation of Indian Industry, will be propelled by Kiran Nadar Museum of Arts (KNMA), and seven Indian artists will be shown at India Pavilion
- The Ministry of Culture, Government of India has laid down theme for the Indian Pavilion as ‘150 years of Mahatma Gandhi’.
- In 1938, Mahatma Gandhi commissioned Indian modern artist Nandalal Bose to create 400 posters portraying different aspects of Indian life to be displayed at Indian National Congress’ session in Haripura, Gujarat.
58th Venice Biennale 2019
- Duration: It will take place for 6 months period from 11 May 2019 till 24November 2019.
- Theme for Biennale 2019 is ‘Our Time for a Future Caring’.
- The 58th International Art Exhibitions overarching title is ‘May You Live In Interesting Times’.
The Venice Biennale
- It is one of the biggest art events in the world, inaugurated in 8195 and organized by Biennale Foundation. It is a Biennial event means it is held every two years.
- It focuses on contemporary art, and includes events for art, contemporary dance, architecture, cinema and theatre.
Tags: 150 years of Mahatma Gandhi • 58th Venice Biennale • Biennale Foundation • Haripura posters • Haripura Session • INC • India • Italy • Kiran Nadar Museum of Arts • Ministry Of Culture • Nandalal Bose
Reports suggest that the US could terminate the sanctions waivers it granted to some importers of Iranian oil after it re-imposed sanctions on Iran last year.
Ending of Sanction Waiver
- Reports indicate that the US has already communicated to seven countries viz. Japan, South Korea, Turkey, Italy, Greece, China and India- that they will no longer be exempt from US sanctions if they continue to import oil from Iran after their waivers end on May 2.
- The ending of sanction waiver is part of the US strategy to exert maximum pressure and isolate Iran.
- The US has stated it wants to deprive the outlaw regime of the funds that it has used to destabilise the Middle East for decades and incentivise Iran to behave like a normal country.
The news of the ending of sanctions waiver exerted upward pressure on global prices of crude. Further. US has stated that the US along with Saudi Arabia and UAE have agreed to take timely action to assure that global demand is met as all Iranian oil is removed from the market.