IUHDSS Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Navy has launched an Integrated Underwater Harbour Defence and Surveillance System (IUHDSS) in Mumbai, Maharashtra to enhance the security of valuable naval assets against asymmetric threats.
It was inaugurated by Vice Admiral Girish Luthra, Flag Officer Commanding- in-Chief, Western Naval Command. It is third IUHDSS to be installed in India.
- IUHDSS is designed and developed by Israeli Aerospace Industries ELTA for surface and sub-surface surveillance of the harbour.
- It is a state of the art system with integrated radars, advance sensors, electro optic cameras and sound navigation and ranging systems (SONARs).
- Its sensors have been strategically installed around Mumbai Harbour to provide comprehensive real-time situational awareness for monitoring and analysis.
- It is capable of detecting, tracking, identifying and generating warning for all types of underwater and surface threats to harbour security.
- Besides detecting large targets, it can also detect small targets like divers, boats and swimmers at adequate ranges. IUHDSS will play an important role in strengthening Harbour Defence and Security at Mumbai.