James Horner Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
James Horner, the two-time Oscar-winning composer died in plane crash in California, United States. He was 61.
In 1997, Horner had won two Oscars (Academy Awards) for best original score and along with original song win for Celin Dion sung My Heart Will Go On in one of the biggest Hollywood hits movie Titanic directed by James Cameron.
About James Horner
- James Horner was born on 14 August 1953 in Los Angeles, United States.
- He was an accomplished concert hall composer and later had moved into writing film scores.
- His debut film score was for film The Lady in Red (1979). Till date he has 95 soundtrack and 158 composes to his credits which includes music of over 100 films.
- His first major movie score in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) film and had uncredited acting appearance in same film.
- He also had composed for the Avatar (£4.2 billion) and Titanic (£3.2 billion) both are highest-grossing films of all time.
- Awards: 2 Oscars won for Titanic and was nominated for 8 other. He also had won 2 Golden Globe Awards, 3 Satellite Awards, 3 Saturn Awards and was nominated for 3 British Academy Film Awards.