Jammu and Kashmir Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated various development works during his visit to the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The developmental works include:
- Laying of the foundation stones of two All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Vijaypur and Awantipora.
- Laying of the foundation stone of northern regional centre campus of Indian Institute of Mass Communication in Jammu.
- Launching of the University of Ladakh, which will be the first-ever university in the Ladakh region of the state.
- Launching of various projects under the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan.
- Laying of the foundation stones for three model degree colleges in Kishtwar, Kupwara and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Declaration of 100-per cent electrification of households in Jammu and Kashmir under the central government’s Saubhagya Scheme.
- Laying the foundation stone for 624-MW Kiru hydroelectric project in Kishtwar which is a run-of-the-river project across the Chenab.
- Inaugurating the 9-MW Dah hydroelectric project.
- Inauguration of the 220-KV Srinagar-Alusteng-Drass-Kargil-Leh transmission system.
- Inauguration of the 400-KV D/C Jalandhar-Samba-Rajouri-Shopian-Amargarh (Sopore) transmission line.
- Laying the foundation stone of 1,640-metre span double-lane bridge over the Chenab river in Sajwal.
Many of these projects are undertaken under the Prime Minister’s Development Package was announced as a reconstruction plan for J&K.
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) had launched Swasth Bharat Yatra to amplify its Eat Right India initiative. Swasth Bharat Yatra was a 100-day consumer outreach programme.
The Yatra saw the participation of around 2.5 crore people across various States and UTs. It also led to the creation of 21,000 local ‘Eat Right Champions’ who would sustain this movement in the future.
Awards for Exemplary participation
The following states were awarded for their Exemplary participation:
- Best State Overall: Tamil Nadu
- Best States with a population above 3 crore: Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- Best States having a population less than 3 crore: Punjab, Goa and Delhi
- Special awards: Meghalaya, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttrakhand were given special awards for their participation despite their hilly and difficult terrain.
Eat Right Start-Up Awards were also be given for innovative food products, food services, food testing and community outreach and engagement at the ceremony.
Tags: Delhi • Eat Right Champions • Eat Right India initiative • Food Safety and Standards Authority of India • FSSAI • Goa • Gujarat • Jammu and Kashmir • Madhya Pradesh • Maharashtra • Meghalaya • Punjab • Swasth Bharat Yatra • Tamil Nadu • Uttar Pradesh • Uttrakhand