Japan Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Indian Government is planning to start Visa-on-Arrival services for 30 countries including China. As per the Tourism Ministry, Beijing has a huge potential for exchanges in the sector. The proposal has to be cleared by the Home Ministry.
About Visa-on-Arrival Service:
- Objective: To ensure that India has at least 1% share in the international tourist arrivals, which is about 0.64%.
- Under Visa-on-Arrival facility, a traveler can go straight to the intended country and get visa at the airport itself.
- Current Status: Currently, India has extended Visa on Arrival facilities to 11 countries including Singapore, Japan, Ne
w Zealand, Vietnam and Philippines.
Tags: Current Affairs - 2017 • Current Affairs 2013 • India-China • India-International Relations • Japan • Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) • Ministry of Tourism • New Zealand • Philippines • Singapore • Vietnam
The World Heritage Committee of the UNESCO, which recently held a meeting in Cambodia, has granted World Heritage status to Japan’s cone-shaped, snow-topped volcano, Mount Fuji. The mountain has been selected as a “cultural” rather than a “natural” heritage site. As per UNESCO, Mount Fuji has “inspired artists and poets and been the object of pilgrimage for centuries”.
Italy’s 3,300-meter (10,900-foot) Mount Etna, Europe’s most active volcano, has also been conferred the World Heritage status for its natural assets. As per UNESCO, Mount Etna has “notoriety, scientific importance and cultural and education value of global significance.”
About Mount Fuji:
- Japan’s highest mountain at 3,776m (12,460 ft)
- Located in south-west of Tokyo
- Last erupted 300 years ago, visible from Tokyo.
- Finds prominent mentions in Japanese art works.
- One of the traditional “Three Holy Mountains” – other two are Mount Tate and Mount Haku, both in central Japan.