Japan Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
US based private space transport service company, SpaceX has successfully launched Japanese JCSAT-14 communication satellite into the space.
The satellite was place into its intended preliminary geostationary transfer orbit by SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket which was launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, US.
After meeting its primary goal of the mission, the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket successfully landed on an ocean (floating) platform, known as a drone ship, off the coast of Florida.
This is for the second time in row the reusable main stage booster of Falcon 9 rocket successfully landed on offshore floating platform after the April 8, 2016 landing.
About JCSAT-14 Satellite
- JCSAT-14 Satellite is owned by Sky Perfect JSAT Corporation. The satellite will boost the company’s fleet of relay stations to 17.
- The satellite is built by Space Systems/Loral and is equipped with 26 C-band and 18 Ku-band transponders.
- It has design life of 15 years and replaces the aging JCSAT-2A which is now stationed at 154 degrees East longitude.
Sky Perfect JSAT Corporation is the only non-governmental provider of multi-channel pay television and satellite communications in Japan and a major communications provider across Asia and Oceania.
Tags: Japan • Science and Technology • Space technology • SpaceX • US
Former bureaucrat and parliamentarian Nand Kishore Singh has been selected for prestigious ‘Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver’, Japan’s highest civilian award.
He was chosen for this prestigious award for promoting economic, educational and cultural ties between India and Japan.
He is among 91 foreign recipients to be honoured during the 2016 Spring Imperial Decoration of Japan by Emperor Akihito during the investiture ceremony in May 2016.
About Nand Kishore Singh
- N K Singh is a politician, economist and former Indian Administrative Service officer (IAS) from Bihar cadre.
- He had served as a Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha (2008-2014) from Bihar.
- As a bureaucrat, he had served as Member Planning Commission and handled assignments of Union Expenditure and Revenue Secretary and Additional Secretary Economic Affairs.
- He was also Principal Secretary to Prime Minister A.B. Vajpayee. He was also connected with International organisations like World Bank, IMF and UNDP.
- He also had served as the former Chairman, Board of Governors of Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon.
About Order of the Rising Sun
It is a Japanese Government highest civilian established in 1875 by Emperor Meiji. It is conferred in recognition of distinguished accomplishments of an individual. The modern version of the order is being given to non-Japanese recipients from 1981.
Tags: awards • Japan • NK Singh • Persons in News