JFR Jacob Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Jacob-Farj-Rafael “JFR” Jacob (Retired Lieutenant General), a key architect in India’s victory in 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War passed away in New Delhi. He was 92.
Jacob (then a Major General) is best known for his role in India’s victory in the Indo-Pakistan war of 1971 and the liberation of Bangladesh.
About Jacob-Farj-Rafael “JFR” Jacob
- JFR Jacob was born in 1923 in Calcutta (now Kolkata) in then Bengal Presidency of British India.
- During 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War, he had served as the Chief of Staff of the Indian Army’s Eastern Command during the war.
- During his 36-year career in the army, he also had fought in World War II and the Indo-Pakistan War of 1965. He retired in 1978.
- He had served as Governor of Goa (April 199 to November 1999) and Punjab (1999 to 2003).
- Books: Surrender at Dacca: Birth of a Nation, An Odyssey in War and Peace: An Autobiography Lt Gen. J.F.R. Jacob.
- Awards and Honours: Commendation of Merit, Param Vishisht Seva Medal.