J&K Cabinet Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on 1 March 2015 was sworn-in as Chief Minister of Peoples Democratic Party-Bhartiya Janta Party (PDP-BJP) coalition government of Jammu & Kashmir.
As a person he became 9th Chief Minister of J&K and 12th Chief Minister as tenure wise.
Along with Mufti Sayeed, following ministers took oaths
- Deputy Chief Minister- Nirmal Singh (BJP).
- Cabinet Minister- Abdul Rehman Bhat (Veery), Chander Parkash Ganga, Javed Mustafa Mir, Lal Singh, Abdul Haq Khan, Bali Bhagat, Syed Basharat Ahmed Bukhari, Sukhnandan Choudhary, Choudhary Zulfikar Ali, Sajjad Gani Lone, Haseeb Drabu, Ghulam Nabi Lone, She’d Mohammad Altaf Bukhari, Imran Hussain Ansari, Nayeem Akhtar.
- Minister of State- Tsering Dorjey, Abdul Majeed Paddar, Sunil Kumar Sharma, Mohammad Ashraf Mir, Abdul Ghani Kohli, Priya Sethi, Pawan Gupta, Ashiya Naqqash.
All of them were administered oath of office and secrecy by Governor Narinder Nath Vohra at oath taking ceremony held at Zorawar Singh Auditorium in Jammu University.
Mufti Sayeed’s swearing-in as Chief Minister brings to an end to 49 days of Governor’s rule imposed on the state.
Earlier in January 2015, Governor’s rule imposed as per Section 92 of state Constitution after the no party was able to form government following hung verdict of assembly election of 2014.
About Mufti Mohammad Sayeed
- He was born on 12 January 1936 in Anantnag district of South Kashmir.
- This is the second time Mr. Sayeed became CM of J&K. In 2002, he had led a PDP-Congress coalition government and was in office from November 2002 to November 2005.
- He also was first Muslim to become Union Minister for Home Affairs. He was in office during V. P. Singh’s government from December 1989 to November 1990.