Joko Widodo Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and Indonesia have signed three agreements in various areas to enhance strategic partnership.
These agreements were signed after delegation level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting President of Indonesia Joko Widodo in New Delhi.
Signed Agreements are
- MoU on Youth and Sports Cooperation.
- MoU on Standardization Cooperation.
- Joint Communiqué on Voluntary International Cooperation to Combat Illegal, Unregulated and Unreported (IUU) Fishing and to promote Sustainable Fisheries Governance.
Besides, both countries decided to strengthen their defence and maritime security relations and resolved to effectively address the issue of terrorism.
Outcomes of delegation level talks
- Terrorism: Condemned terrorism in all its forms and manifestations in the strongest terms. Emphasized zero tolerance for acts of terrorism.
- Called upon all countries to implement the UNSC Resolution 1267 (banning militant groups and their leaders) and other resolutions designating terrorist entities.
- Called upon all countries to work towards eliminating terrorist safe havens and infrastructure in disrupting terrorist networks and financing channels, and stopping cross-border terrorism.
- Economic and Development: Agreed to build a strong economic and development partnership to strengthen the flow of trade, capital and people between them.
- Defence and security cooperation: Agreed to prioritize defence and security cooperation to ensure safety and security of sea lanes, environmental protection and disaster response.
- Further boost partnership for combating terrorism, organized crime, drugs and human trafficking.
- ASEAN and RCEP: Agreed for an early implementation of India-ASEAN Free Trade Agreement in Services and investment, and finalization of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP).