Justice Deepak Gupta Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Justice Deepak Gupta has sworn-in as the new Chief Justice (CJ) of the Chhattisgarh High Court.
He was administered the oath of office as per by Chhattisgarh Governor Balram Das Tandon at Raj Bhawan in Raipur as per the provisions of the Article 219 of Constitution.
- Justice Deepak Gupta was transferred from Tripura High Court by President Pranab Mukherjee as per provisions Article 222 of Constitution.
- He was transferred by President following recommendation of the Supreme Court collegium headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) T.S. Thakur.
- Prior to the transfer, Justice Naveen Sinha was Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court since 2013.
About Justice Deepak Gupta
- Born on 7 May 1955 in Nurpur in Kangra District, Himachal Pradesh in a family of lawyers.
- He started practicing law in the Himachal Pradesh High Court from 1978 receiving his Law degree from the Delhi University after and continued till 2004.
- He was elevated as Judge of Himachal Pradesh High Court in October 2004. He had served twice Acting Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court.
- Later he was transferred as the first Chief Justice of Tripura High Court in March 2013.