K V Krishna Rao Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Former Army Chief General Kotikalapudi Venkata Krishna Rao, passed away in New Delhi following a cardiac arrest at the military hospital. He was 92.
He was the 14th Chief of the Army Staff of Indian Army and had played a key role in the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War.
About K V Krishna Rao
- He was commissioned into then British India Army (now Indian Army) on August 9, 1942 and had an illustrious career spanning over four decades in the force.
- As a young officer, he had served in Burma (Myanmar), North West Frontier and Baluchistan (now in Pakistan) during the World War II.
- He also had participated in the 1947-48 war against Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir. He was a founder Instructor of the Pune based National Defence Academy (NDA) during 1949-51.
- He also served as the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir (1989-1990 and 1993-1998), Nagaland (1984 to 1989), Manipur (1984 to 1989) and Tripura (May to July 1989).
- He was awarded the Param Vishist Seva Medal for displaying outstanding leadership, determination, courage and drive during Jammu and Kashmir war.