Kabaddi Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The International Kabaddi Federation (IKF) has announced that 2016 Kabaddi World Cup will be hosted in Ahmedabad, Gujarat between October 7 and 22, 2016.
The event will see participation of 12 Kabaddi teams from around the world representing all the five geographies of the Olympic Games.
These 12 teams are India, Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Iran, Australia, Poland, Pakistan, Bangladesh, South Korea, Japan and Kenya.
Star Sports will be the official broadcaster of the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup. The matches will be aired exclusively on the Star Sports network and HotStar.
- Kabaddi is a contact sport that had originated in ancient India. It is the national game of Bangladesh and is known as hadudu.
- Kabaddi is an umbrella term which encompasses various forms of the game including International rules Kabaddi.
- In India, it is the state game of Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Punjab.
- It also encompasses similar sports known by their regional names in Indian states such as sadugudu in Tamil Nadu, chedugudu in Andhra Pradesh and hututu in Maharashtra.
Tags: Gujarat [GPSC] • Kabaddi • Places in News • Sports
The Patna Pirates have won the fourth edition of STAR Sports-ProKabaddi League by defeating Jaipur Pink Panthers.
With this win Patna Pirates has become first team to defend its title which they won in the third season in March 2016.
- In the final match played at Gachibowli Stadium, Hyderabad (Telangana) the defending champion defeated Jaipur Pink Panthers by 37-29 score.
- The Puneri Paltan was placed at the third place in this edition after they defeated Telugu Titans by 40-35 score.
- Women’s Section: Storm Queens have won inaugural edition of the Women’s Challenge of Pro Kabaddi League. In the final match they defeated Fire Birds by 24-23 score.
About Pro Kabaddi League (PKL)
- PKL is a professional Kabaddi (indigenous sport) league based on the format of the Indian Premier League (IPL) T20 cricket tournament.
- It is known as the Star Sports Pro Kabaddi for sponsorship reasons. It is currently managed by Mashal Sports.
- The first edition of the tournament was played in 2014 with eight franchises representing various cities in India. It was won by Jaipur Pink.