Kannada Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
My Circle App was launched by Bharti Airtel in collaboration with FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO). My Circle app aims to help women in case they face any problem or a panic situation.
My Circle App
- My Circle app enables women to send SOS alerts to any five of their family or friends in 13 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Oriya, and Gujarati.
- A woman in distress can send an SOS alert by pressing the SOS prompt on the app.
- The SOS alert can also be activated by voice command through Siri on iOS and the statement by Airtel has stated that he voice activation through Google Assistant will soon be available on Android devices also.
- the SOS alert will send the user’s location over SMS to the five contacts selected by the user and advise them to immediately reach out or respond to the emergency situation.
- The app also enables the family or friends to track the location on real time through the link that is sent as part of the alert SM
- The free-to-download app is available on Google Play store (Android) and will be available on the App Store (iOS) soon.
My Circle App is carrier agnostic which would work on phones with any telecom service network, both Airtel and non-Airtel.
Tags: Assamese • Bengali • Bharti Airtel • English • FICCI Ladies Organisation
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu conferred President’s Certificate of Honour and Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awards at New Delhi.
Presidential Award of Certificate
- The award of the Certificate of Honour was introduced in the year 1958 to honour the scholars of Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian Languages.
- It was extended to cover Pali/Prakrit in the year 1996.
- Further, the award was extended to cover languages of Classical Odiya, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu, Classical Tamil and Classical Malayalam
- The award is conferred in recognition of the outstanding contribution of various scholars of eminence over 60 years of age.
Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awards
- Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Sammandistinction is conferred on persons in recognition of their substantial contribution in the field of Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, Pali, Prakrit, Classical Odiya, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu and Classical Malayalam.
- The award was introduced in the year 2002.
- The award is given to selected young scholars in the age group of 30 to 45 years.
- The Presidential award carries a certificate of honour, a memento and a one-time cash prize of Rs.1 lakh.
Both the awards are conferred by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India.