Kashmir Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A two-day conference of governors is being held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. It was attended by President Ram Nath Kovind, PM Narendra Modi and other ministers. The conference is being held between 23 November, 2019 and 24 November, 2019.
The conference started with the inaugural address of President Ram Nath Kovind, followed by the address of PM Modi. Around 17 first time governors and Lt. Governors are participating in the event. It includes the governors of newly formed Ladakh and Kashmir regions as well.
Prime Minister Modi insisted the Governors to work in health, education and tourism sector.
President laid the importance of the roles of governors in empowerment of tribals. With their constitutional powers, they can help improve their lives in terms of education, health, financial inclusion, etc.
According to the article, the President after consulting the Governor, may specify the tribal communities or groups to be scheduled in relation to that state or union territory. Such orders can be modified only by act of Parliament. Hence, governors play significant role in lives of tribes.
Tags: Article 342 • Governor • Kashmir • Ladakh • Pm Modi
Indian Oil Corporation on 17th November, 2019, launched special winter grade diesel that will remain unfrozen even at -33 degree Celsius. This will help to provide continuous and year-round access to the snow-covered regions.
- The fuel meets BIS specification of BS-VI grade
- It was produced and certified at Panipat Refinery
- The winter grade diesel is to be supplied to the region from Jalandar in Punjab.
- The step will help to maintain continuous road connectivity to the region
- Motorists in the region of Kaza, Ladakh, Kargil and Keylong always face the problem of diesel freezing when their winter temperatures drop below -30 degree Celsius. The step will help solve the problem.
- The step will boost Government’s plan of Rs 50,000 crore investment in the territory in areas of education, power, tourism and solar.
About winter Grade Fuel
Diesel Fuel is prone to waxing in cold weather. Below its Cloud Point, diesel begins to form wax particles. Cloud Point refers to the temperature below which the fuel particles begin to cloud together and form solidified waxes. The waxing in diesel fuel can be prevented by using certain additives