Kashmir Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A 28-member delegation from European Union met PM Modi on October 28, 2019. The delegation will visit Kashmir on October 29, 1019. The delegation is to check on the reality of the situation in Kashmir. This is the first trip to the region by a foreign delegation after India revoked Article 370 and integrated Kashmir with the rest of the country. India rejected US ‘s plea to visit the region earlier in October.
Highlights of PM’s speech to the delegates
- PM asserted that there should be Zero Tolerance for terrorism
- He also highlighted India’s jump in Ease of Doing Business Index from 142nd rank in 2014 to 63 in 2019
- He mentioned about the success of swachh Bharat, Ayushman Bharat, India’s commitment to eliminate TB by 2025
- The delegation will get a clear understanding about the cultural and religious diversity of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh
- GoI’s decision to allow a foreign delegation implies that situation is coming under control
- It will also take the wind out of the sails of Pakistan and Pakistan inspired anti-India liberal lobbies.
- As Europe is not in a position to wield the big power stick as that of US, experts believe that it is wise to let the EU first
Tags: Article 370 • Counter-Terrorism • India-EU • India-European Union • Kashmir
The Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the luxurious Vande Bharat Express -that will run between Delhi and Katra station in Jammu and Kashmir. The train is second of its kind. The first such train was launched between Delhi and Varanasi. The train can run up to a maximum speed of 160 km per hour. It is the fastest train in India. However, the train will maintain a speed of 130 km per hour in the Katra route due to track limitations in the route.
The train has plush interiors, Wi – Fi, bio – vacuum toilets, CCTV surveillance, GPS systems
Apart from this the train also includes plastic crusher machines.
It is locally called Katra Vaishno Devi. It is situated in the foothills of Trikuta mountains. The Ban Ganga river passes through the town. Dogri is the native language of Katra. The town acts as the base camp to pilgrims visiting Vaishno Devi Temple.
The train is one of the steps of the GoI towards development of Kashmir.