Kedarnath Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Asia’s 1st Six Sigma Institute of Mountain Medicines and High Altitude Rescue to be established at Rudraprayag district in Uttarakhand. This comes after Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat recently accepted and agreed to a proposal for establishling the mountain institute.
About Six Sigma Institute of Mountain Medicines and High Altitude Rescue
It will be a high altitude institute of mountain medicine, training and research center.
First of its Kind: This state of art institute when once completed would be dealing with health issues related with high altitudes would be first of its kind in Asia.
Training: The institute would also train armed forces as well as para-military personnel in Mountain Medicines. It would also offer courses in mountains medicines and high altitude rescue. It will also train local people, schools and colleges in high altitude rescue and disaster.
Services: It would provide necessary high altitude medical services to pilgrims and tourists visiting the state. The institute would also help in enchansing high altitude communications (HAM) and endeavour to develop better food product and beverages.
This mountain institute will create 1200 employment, Specialised healthcare, advance education and Rescue Training in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand.
About Six Sigma health care
It is a company which at present is operating hospitals in Kedarnath, Tungnath and Madhymaheshwar. It has proposed to set up mega Rs.750 cr project in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand.
Six Sigma team also handed over Kedarnath Medical Intelligence Report to Uttarakhand Chief Minister and gave following suggestions to Uttarakhand Chief Minister-
- Medical screening of Yatris and Empanelment of Hospitals across country for medical checks
- Provision of Air Ambulances for Emergencies
- Establishment of Bhandara for better food services in Kedarnath Yatra
- Increase of Hospital bed strength at Kedarnath and Permanent Medical Post at Tungnath and Madhymaheshwar
Tags: First of its Kind • Kedarnath • Kedarnath Medical Intelligence Report • Madhymaheshwar • Pilgrimage
The world renowned and much awaited chardham yatra began in Uttrakhand. The Gangotri and Yamunotri dhams were opened for pilgrims on auspicious occasion of Akshay Tritya (also called ‘Teej’, is an annual spring time festival of Jains and Hindus).
- It literally means four sacred pilgrimage centres.
- The four pilgrim-destinations are Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath which are collectively called Chardham.
- It is located in the great Himalayas in Uttarakhand.
- Route Followed: As per traditions, this pilgrimage tour should begin from West and end in East. Therefore, Char Dham Yatra starts from Yamunotri, then proceeds to Gangotri and finally end towards Kedarnath and Badrinath.
- Religious Deities: Each sites is devoted to a specific deity.
- Yamunotri– dedicated to Goddess ‘Yamuna’. It stands high up in deep left on western face of Bandarpunch Peak.
- Gangotri– dedicated to Goddess ‘Ganga’. The shrine overlooks River Bhagirathi.
- Kedarnath– dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is also a part of Panch Kedar. It is northern-most Jyotirlinga and is close to source of holy River Mandakini.
- Badrinath– dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is situated on the bank of River Alaknanda (it is one of the two headstreams of Ganges other is Bhagirathi).
- Importance: In accordance with Hindu conventions, devotees take up this pious tour of Char Dham yatra in hope to experience bliss (heaven) and successfully remove their souls of all worldly demons.