Kento Momota Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
In Sudirman Cup Badminton title 2019 China beats Japan in men’s doubles, women’s singles and men’s singles.
- The 2019 edition was hosted by China and it swept the finals with 3-0 victory against Japan. With this win China 11th Sudirman Cup title.
- China’s Shi Yuqi whitewashed the world champion Kento Momota of Japan in the finale held in Nanjing City of China. The 23-year-old Shi holds world second-rank and the 24-year-old Momota is ranked world number one.
- Japan has never won badminton world mixed-team championship and after this defeat their search still goes on.
- China has for long-time been pre-eminent power in badminton and with this win in 2019 China reclaimed the trophy they lost to South Korea in 2017.
About Sudirman Cup
- It was established in 1989 and is biennial international badminton championship.
- The tournament is contested by mixed national teams of member associations of Badminton World Federation (BWF).
- The year 2019 was 16th edition of the Sudirman Cup Title.
- It was held between 19 and 26 May 2019 in Nanning, China.
Tags: Badminton World Federation • China • International Badminton Championship • Kento Momota • Nanning
The winners of the Singapore Open 2019 are listed below:
- Men’s Singles: Kento Momota (Japan)
- Women’s Singles: Tai Tzu-ying (Taiwan)
- Men’s Doubles: Takeshi Kamura and Keigo Sonoda (Japan)
- Women’s Doubles: Mayu Matsumoto and Wakana Nagahara (Japan)
- Mixed Doubles: Dechapol Puavaranukroh and Sapsiree Taerattanachai (Thailand)
The 2019 Singapore Open badminton tournament which took place at Singapore Indoor Stadium in Singapore had a total purse of $355,000.
Tags: Dechapol Puavaranukroh • Japan • Keigo Sonoda • Kento Momota • Mayu Matsumoto