Kerala Government Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Kerala Government decided to form a Non-Resident Keralites Investment company with 74% stake to be held by expatriate (or expat) to channelize investments from overseas Keralites for major infrastructure development in the state. Decision in this regard was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by Kerela Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
In Non-Resident Keralites (NRK) Investment and Holding company ltd. 74% of capital will be raised by issuing shares to NRKs and Government will have 26% stake.
The main aim of this shareholding is to utilise NRI investments for implementing various projects.
The company can set up a special purpose vehicle (SPV) or subsidiary company for the purpose.
Special officer of Company: Kerala cabinet also decided to appoint a NORKA (Non-Resident Keralites Affairs) Chief Executive officer (CEO) as special officer of company.
Formation of NRK Investment company was one of the major recommendations submitted by standing committees of Loka Kerala Sabha (World Kerala Assembly). The Loka Kerala Sabha is an event hosted by state government to bring Keralites living across the world under one platform and utilising NRK expertise for developing state.
Projects to be undertaken by the proposed company include construction of NRI townships and infrastructure development.
Veteran Malayalam actress Sheela was honoured with prestigious J C Daniel Award for her contributions to Malayalam Cinema field. She is only the second woman to win this award after Aranmula Ponnamma (in 2005).
About J C Daniel Award
- It is Kerala government’s highest honour for outstanding contribution to Malayalam cinema.
- It is named after J C Daniel, who is credit for making first silent movie in Mollywood (Malayalam Film Industry).
- Prize: The award comprises of a citation, plaque and a cash prize of ₹5 Lakh. The annual award will be given away on 27 July 2019 at a function in Kerela.
- This year’s jury was chaired by renowned filmmaker K.S. Sethumadhavan.
- She is popularly called as Sheelamma by her admirers.
- Veteran actress debuted during early 1960s with Tamil movie Paasam. Later in 1962 she began her career in Malayalam with movie Bhagyajathakam directed by P. Bhaskaran.
- Since then she has been Malayalam cinema’s sweetheart for a couple of decades.
- She scripted history as being first recipient of ‘best actress’ award instituted by the Kerala government fir her 1969 movie “Kallichellamma“.
- She has won State and National Awards for the best character artist for for the film Akale in 2004.
- She holds Guinness book of records to her name for acting as Prem Nazir’s heroine in 130 films.