Kiru hydroelectric project Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated various development works during his visit to the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The developmental works include:
- Laying of the foundation stones of two All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Vijaypur and Awantipora.
- Laying of the foundation stone of northern regional centre campus of Indian Institute of Mass Communication in Jammu.
- Launching of the University of Ladakh, which will be the first-ever university in the Ladakh region of the state.
- Launching of various projects under the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan.
- Laying of the foundation stones for three model degree colleges in Kishtwar, Kupwara and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Declaration of 100-per cent electrification of households in Jammu and Kashmir under the central government’s Saubhagya Scheme.
- Laying the foundation stone for 624-MW Kiru hydroelectric project in Kishtwar which is a run-of-the-river project across the Chenab.
- Inaugurating the 9-MW Dah hydroelectric project.
- Inauguration of the 220-KV Srinagar-Alusteng-Drass-Kargil-Leh transmission system.
- Inauguration of the 400-KV D/C Jalandhar-Samba-Rajouri-Shopian-Amargarh (Sopore) transmission line.
- Laying the foundation stone of 1,640-metre span double-lane bridge over the Chenab river in Sajwal.
Many of these projects are undertaken under the Prime Minister’s Development Package was announced as a reconstruction plan for J&K.