Know India Programme Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Know India Programme (KIP) is a flagship initiative for Diaspora engagement. The programme aims to familiarize Indian-origin youth (18-30 years) with their Indian roots and contemporary India.
Features of the Programme
The important features of the Know India Programme are:
- Know India Programme is a three-week orientation programme for diaspora youth.
- The programme aims to promote awareness on different facets of life in India and the progress made by the country in various fields e.g. economic, industrial, education, science & technology, communication & information Technology and culture.
- The programme provides a unique forum for students & young professionals of Indian origin to visit India, share their views, expectations & experiences and to develop closer bonds with contemporary India.
- The programme has been in existence since 2003 and is open to PIO youth from all over the world.
- The programme is open to youth of Indian origin (excluding non-resident Indians) with preference to those from Girmitiya countries (Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, T&T, Jamaica etc).
- The programme mandates a minimum qualification of graduation or being enrolled for graduation to be part of the scheme.
The programme incorporates following aspects to familiarise Youths about Indian Society and culture:
- Understanding of India’s political system, economy, society, and developments in various sectors etc.
- Visiting places of historical, cultural, religious importance.
- Familiarisation with art, music and culture of India.
- Visiting industrial sites.
- Visiting a village.
- Interaction with non-profit organizations.
- Meetings with senior leadership/officials in India.
- Visiting a select state in India for 10 days.
The Ministry of External Affairs implements the programme in association with the chosen partner state.
40 participants of Indian Origin from 9 countries attended 46th edition of Know India Programme (KIP). Madhya Pradesh was partner state of this edition. As part of the initiative participants visited Madhya Pradesh, Parliament House, President’s House and attended orientation programme at the Foreign Service Institute
Know India Programmes (KIP)
KIP is initiative (scheme) of Ministry of External Affairs for Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) between the age group of 18 to 30 years. The scheme was launched in 2004 and has so far had 40 editions in which some 1,293 PIO youths have participated.
- Engage and make students and young professionals of Indian Diaspora (18 to 30years) feel sense of connect with their motherland
- Motivated and inspire PIOs by transformational changes taking place in India and give them an exposure to various aspects of contemporary India’s forms of art, heritage and culture.
KIP is three-week orientation programme aimed at promoting awareness on different facets of life in India as well as the progress made by country in fields such as economic and education. It offers platform for young PIOs to visit India share their views, experiences and expectations and forge closer bonds with India.
The participants are selected on basis of nominations received and recommendations of heads of Indian Missions and posts. The participants are provided all the hospitality in India. In 2016, KIP scheme was revamped to extend number of days from 21 to 25 days including 10-day visit to one or two states.