Konkan Railways Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and Nepal have inked a deal on procurement of demo train that operates on diesel. The contract agreement was signed between India’s Konkan Railways Corporation Ltd and Nepal’s Department of Railways to supply two 1600 HP Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) train sets.
- It was signed in Kathmandu in presence of Manjeev Puri, Indian Ambassador to Nepal and Madhusudan Adhikari, Nepal’s Secretary, Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport.
- According to agreement, Nepal will procure two diesel-operated trains, which will arrive in Nepal within five months.
- Manufacturer: The trains will be manufactured by Integrated Coach Factory (owned and operated by Indian Railways) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Attachments: Each train set will comprise of three trailer cars with one air conditioned, one driving power car and one driving trailer car with standard accessories.
- Route Undertaken: These trains will be used to operationalise 34 km long railway corridor stretch which links Jayanagar in Bihar, India and Kurtha in Dhanusa district, Nepal.
- The 34 kms Jayanagar-Kurtha Railway Link was built by IRCON (Ircon International Limited, a construction and engineering PSU in transport infrastructure) with a financial grant from Indian Government under India-Nepal Development Partnership programme.
Tags: India-Nepal • India-Nepal Development Partnership programme • Integrated Coach Factory • IRCON • Jayanagar-Kurtha Railway Link
On May 21, Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhu inaugurated free Wi-Fi facility at 28 Railway Stations of Konkan Railway from Kudal Railway Station in Maharashtra. Indian Railways has tied by with SYSCON/JOISTER for providing 2 Mbps peer-to-peer 24 hrs Free Wi-Fi bandwidth at 28 railway stations of Konkan Railway.
- In line with Government’s Digital India initiative, SYSCON/JOISTER are providing the JOISPOT brand Wi-Fi in Pune and Mumbai educational institutions in Maharashtra state. The company has now undertaken as a part of their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) activity of providing free Wi-Fi to rural area on the Konkan Route.
- The 28 stations include Kolad; Mangaon; Veer; Karanjadi; Vinhere; Diwankhavati; Khed; Anjani; Chiplun; Kamthe; Sawarda; Aravali Road; Sangameshwar; Ukshi; Bhoke; Ratnagiri; Nivasar; Adavali; Vilavade; Rajapur Road; Vaibhavwadi Road; Nandgaon Road; Kankavali; Sindhudurg; Kudal; Zarap; Sawantwadi Road and Madure.
The free Wi-Fi facility would help the travelers, commuters and tourists access essential information while waiting for trains on railway stations.