Konkur Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully test-fired indigenously designed and developed Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) in the deserts of Pokhran in Rajasthan.
Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile
- Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) incorporates many advanced features, including, image infrared radar (IIR) seeker with integrated avionics.
- MPATGM is a third-generation anti-tank guided missile (ATGM), developed by DRDO in association with VEM Technologies Ltd.
- MPATGM is fitted with high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warhead.
- MPATGM has a top attack capability and has a maximum engagement range of about 2.5 kilometres.
- MPATGM capable of being fired from the shoulder and can be used during day and night.
MPATGM are being developed to replace the French origin anti-tank guided missile Milan and Soviet semi-automatic wire-guided missile Konkur in service with Indian Army. The test trail at Rajasthan was the fourth overall development trial of the MPATGM.
Tags: Anti-Tank Guided Missile • ATGM • Defence Research and Development Organisation • DRDO • high-explosive anti-tank • image infrared radar • Konkur • Man Portable Anti tank guided missile • Milan • MPATGM • Pokhran • Rajasthan