Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) launched a mobile banking app ‘Kotak Bharat’ aiming to provide mobile banking services to customers in the remotest regions of India.
- The Android-based app is specifically designed to provide banking service to customers in the under-banked and un-banked regions with provision to use service in their preferred language.
- Initially the service will be provided in Hindi and English language and would also be available in Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil and Kannada in few months.
- Customers can manage their savings/current accounts and credit cards through this app.
- Initially will be launch in prominent Hindi belt centre starting from Lucknow and will spread its service in other state in few months.
- The app is compatible on SMS banking keyword process platform where customers could download the app on their registered mobile number without any separate registration process.
It also facilitates other value added propositions such as recharging mobile/DTH services, finding Kotak ATMs & branches, linking Aadhaar number to the account, and even facilitates to avail services of government schemes like Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana etc