Lachu Maharaj Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Noted Tabla maestro Pandit Lachu Maharaj passed away in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh due to cardiac arrest. He was 73 years old.
Lacchu Maharaj was renowned internationally and his table performance had drawn attention of the connoisseur of performing arts from across the country and world.
About Lachu Maharaj
- His real name was Lakshmi Narayan Singh. He belonged to Banaras gharana of classical music.
- He had started playing tabla at tender age of 10 under guidance of his father Vasudev Singh.
- He was famous for his pure Banarasi style. His unique style of playing table coupled with perfection had earned him fame as Lachu Maharaj.
- He had developed spiritual and philosophical table tunes which he had used to play often during his practice sessions (riyaaj).
- He had lived a simple life and stayed out of publicity and even refused awards. Bollywood actor Govinda is his nephew.
- Union Government had decided to give him Padma Shri award but he refused saying that no award was bigger than laurels from the audience.