Lepcha Tribe Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
An annual festival of Tendong Lho Rum Faat of the ethnic Lepcha tribe of Sikkim was celebrated with traditional devotion and fanfare across the state.
About Tendong Lho Rum Faat festival
- It is one of the oldest festivals of the Lepchas, celebrated annually in the month of August in Sikkim.
- It is three day festival and on the first day, the tribe worship the Mount Tendong which is located in South Sikkim by offering of prayers.
- Significance of Festival: According to the folklore, Mt. Tendong had saved the Lepcha people during the great deluge which had flooded the entire Mayel Lyang country (now known as Sikkim).
- Celebrations: Special programme of puja, folk songs and dances are organized to mark the festival.
- Various cultural and literary programmes are held in the state to commemorate the occasion.
- On the concluding day, traditional Lepcha food, ornaments and costumes are displayed.