Lewis Hamilton Current Affairs
Lewis Hamilton has won Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada. It is Hamilton’s sixth victory at the Canadian Grand Prix. Previously, he had won the titles in 2007, 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2016. It is also his third victory this season and the 56th of his career.
The Canadian Grand Prix is an annual motor racing event held in Canada since 1961. The race is a part of the Formula One World Championship from the year 1967.
Second place: Valtteri Bottas of Mercedes,
Third Place: Australian Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull,
Fourth Place: Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel,
Fifth Place: Force India’s Sergio Perez
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton from Great Britain has won the 2016 German Grand Prix title of Formula One.
It was his fourth consecutive win in the 2016 season and overall fifth title of the 2016 season. It was also his third win of German Grand Prix of F1 after winning it in 2008 and 2011.
Earlier in 2016 season, he had won Monaco (May 2016), Canadian (June 2016), Austrian (July 2016), British (July 2016) and Hungarian (July 2016) Grand Prixes.
German Grand Prix was the twelfth race of the 2016 season and was held at the Hockenheimring motor-racing circuit in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
Rankings after 2016 German Grand Prix
- 1st position: Lewis Hamilton (Britain) of Mercedes.
- 2nd position: Daniel Ricardo (Australia) of Red Bull.
- 3rd position: Max Verstappen (Netherlands) of Red Bull.
- 4th position: Nico Rosberg (Germany) of Mercedes.
- 5th position: Sebastian Vettel (Germany) of Ferrari.
- 7th position: Nico Hulkenberg (Germany) of Force India.
- 10th position: Sergio Perez (Mexico) of Force India.
Top Teams: Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari and Force India.