Lewis Hamilton Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Lewis Hamilton won the Formula One Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya, in Barcelona and the Mercedes sealed its fifth consecutive one-two finish.
- At this Spanish Grand Prix, Mercedes matched the record of five successive Formula One one-twos. as Lewis Hamilton beat his teammate and pole-sitter Valtteri Bottas.
- It is only the fifth time in Formula One (F1) history that a team has taken top two spaces for five straight races and only third instance of Mercedes achieving feat since 2014.
- Lewis Hamilton overtook his teammate and pole-sitter, Valtteri Bottas at turn one and stayed in front, thus winning Spanish Grand Prix for a third consecutive year.
- This was the five-time and defending champion, L. Hamilton’s 76th career victory. With this win he moved back to the top of drivers’ standings. Ahead of him only Michael Schumacher has more with 91 career victory.
- The second and third places were held by Valtteri Bottas in his Mercedes and Max Verstappen in his Red Bull respectively.
About Spanish Grand Prix
- The Formula One (or F1) is the highest class of single-seater auto racing in which term word “formula” name refers to set of rules which is to be met by all participants’ cars.
- The Spanish Grand Prix is a Formula One (F1) race which was held at Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain. It has a Circuit length of 4.655 km and Race length of 307.104 km.
- The Grands Prix is the French word for ‘grand prizes’ or ‘great prizes’.
Lewis Hamilton has won Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada. It is Hamilton’s sixth victory at the Canadian Grand Prix. Previously, he had won the titles in 2007, 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2016. It is also his third victory this season and the 56th of his career.
The Canadian Grand Prix is an annual motor racing event held in Canada since 1961. The race is a part of the Formula One World Championship from the year 1967.
Second place: Valtteri Bottas of Mercedes,
Third Place: Australian Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull,
Fourth Place: Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel,
Fifth Place: Force India’s Sergio Perez